Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my very favorite recipe. I could eat this 3 times a day. I need to always double the recipe.
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) package whipped topping (dream whip)
- 1⁄2 cup cold milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup nuts
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- Prepare topping with milk and vanilla according to package directions on box and chill.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar.
- Add pineapple and nuts.
- Fold in whipped topping then fold in strawberries.
- Chill 3 hours.
- Garnish with whole strawberrys.
Thanks Melody for sharing such a great recipe ~ Your delicious salad is light, refreshing, and very easy to make! I skipped the nuts but added a thinly sliced banana which went well with the strawberries and pineapple. And I used "Lite" frozen whipped topping with the vanilla stirred into it. NOTE: 1 packet Dream Whip mixed with 1/2 cup milk makes 2 cups whipped topping.
This is a very good salad. Next time I make it I am going to top with crushed pretzels just before I serve, we like sweet/ salty combos.
this recipe is very very good. I was looking for a recipe with strawberries and I found a very good one. I made just as stated except I made it with cool whip. I agree with other reviewers in that the recipe should be doubled or tripled. Is very good and I can eat the whole thing. Oh I also used splenda instead of sugar and tasted just as good.