Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Southern Living; excellent summer dessert
- 3 cups whole fresh strawberries
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 12 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- Cool Whip
- Reserve 6 strawberries for garnish.
- Slice the remaining strawberries and toss with sugar; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Spoon half of the sliced berries into 6 parfait glasses.
- Top with half of the ice cream and half of the pineapple.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with Cool Whip and reserved strawberries.
- Serve immediately.
A wonderful summer dessert which we will be having again this summer! Thanks for sharing!
Yum Yum Yummmmy!!! We have been dying from all the humid heat. This was a refreshing, frosty delicious dessert. So easy, too. I used Bluebell homemade vanilla icecream. The family and I all thought it was deserving of 5-stars. Thank you Nurse Di.
My daughter had a friend spend the night and I made these as a special treat for them. But as usual, the rest of the family wouldn't be denied so we all ended up eating them and they were wonderful. Just a few simple ingredients that made a delicious summer dessert. They looked pretty too. Thank-you Nurse Di.