Recipe by MelinOhio
This is from an Amish country cookbook. I love jello and sour cream and this just made it extra special.
Top Review by vetvi
Mine turned out great! I found this recipe after I already added 2 cups boiling water to dissove 2 small pkgs of jello and 2 cups of ice cold water (not ice) to that. I had let it set for a little while when I found this recipe. I then added all the other ingredients, mixed it all up and put in a square ceramic pan. I put it in the fridge until it set up. Then I cut into squares, was very good and allot of flavor and the pecans gave it a little crunch to it. It was firm and not soggy or runny like one of the other reviews had stated. Just have to give it time to set up until firm.
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pineapple, pecans, sour cream and sugar, set aside.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Add ice cubes and stir until gelatin thickens.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Spoon half the mixture into 6-8 parfait glasses. Chill until set.
- Add pineapple mixture and top with remaining gelatin.
- Chill until set.
- Garnish with additional strawberries.