Recipe by Bec
Use this recipe with any fresh fruit (except pineapple and kiwi fruit) as well as with all fruit canned in fruit juices. For a refreshing molded salad, serve squares on lettuce leaves.
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin (1 envelope)
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup mashed fresh strawberries
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat gelatin over low heat until dissolved.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved- Let cool.
- Stir in yogurt.
- Refrigerate in shallow dish until thickened, about 45 minutes.
- Add strawberries and pineapple and whip until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes with electric mixer.
- Pour into freezer tray, without dividers, or cupcake papers and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature about 10 minutes before serving.