1/1 Photo of Strawberry Pineapple Cream Pie
2 hrs 20 mins
Easy as 1, 2, 3.
My Private Note
9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 92.13 g vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 354.88 ml whole milk
- 158.51 ml crushed pineapple, well drained
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml whipping cream
- 9 inch pie shells
- 118.29 ml fresh strawberries
- 118.29 ml water
- 59.14 ml white sugar
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 591.47 ml fresh strawberries, washed hulled cut in half
- 1Prebake your pie crust and have cooled.
- 2In a saucepot place the whole milk, and vanilla pudding mix (not instant), and cook until thick , following package directions.
- 3Cool slightly without stirring.
- 4Add well drained crushed pineapple.
- 5Add in vanilla.
- 6Whip the heavy cream until stiff, and fold in the cooled pudding mixture.
- 7Spread into the cooled pie shell.
- 8Chill until set.
- 9In a saucepot place the 1/2 cup berries and water.
- 10Cook about two minutes, then remove and sieve.
- 11Place back into saucepot.
- 12Combine the sugar and cornstarch with the juices or puree in the saucepot.
- 13Over low heat, stirring until thick and clear.
- 14Add food colouring if desired to make a nice red.
- 15Remove from heat.
- 16Slice the 2 1/2 cups berries in half.
- 17Place in a nice circular pattern berries cut side up onto the chilled pie.
- 18Spoon the glaze over all the berries to glaze fruit.
- 19Chill now for several hours.
- 20Serve with additional whipped heavy cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Pineapple Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.6
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 33.2 mg
- Sodium 306.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 4.8 g