Recipe by Nana Lee
If you love strawberries, this makes a good Christmas quick bread. This is from Allrecipes, Submitted by Vicki B. If using Splenda Baking Sugar Blend, read package for amount to substitute for 2 cups regular sugar.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries
- 0.5 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar or 2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 5x9 inch loaf pans.
- In a bowl, mix the strawberries, pineapple, eggs, oil, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix flour mixture into the bowl with the fruit until evenly moist.
- Fold in walnuts and macadamia nuts.
- Divide the batter between the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks.