- 1 (9 inch) prebaked pie crusts
- 2 quarts strawberries, washed hulled and sliced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
Directions See How It's Made
- Prebake your favourite pie crust and cool.
- Wash, hull and slice your berries.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepot and over medium heat cook about five minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add the strawberry gelatin powder, mix well.
- Let cool.
- Place sliced berries into shell alternating with the glaze so all are covered.
- Chill in refrigerator until set.
- Garnish with whipped cream if so desired.