Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This scrumptious pie recipe was given to me many years ago by a co-worker. I have made it every year during strawberry season. I also made it with fresh peaches.
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 quart strawberry
- 1 cup water, split
- For the crust: Mix together the bisquick, butter and boiling water. Spread in pie pan with hands and bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Fill cooled shell with clean berries. I leave my berries whole starting in the middle of the pie pan and going around in a circle.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 cup sliced berries and 2/3 cup of water in saucepan and cook until it comes to a boil.
- Blend together the sugar, cornstarch and 1/3 cup water. Mix well and then pour into above boiling mixture, stirring constantly while boiling.
- Cook for 1 minute and then pour over the berries in pie pan.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
This is one of my favorite recipe's! Just make sure to COOL THE FILLING COMPLETELY before putting over the fresh strawberries (or just mixing the fresh ones in, as I do), or you will cook them too, making them soft and not seem as fresh.