Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Art Ginsburg. Great with whipped topping. This is very good when strawberries are in season, so it's a perfect summer dessert.
- 1 9 inch frozen pie shell
- 1 package jell-o strawberry gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup ginger ale
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced in half (or quarters or any other way you like them)
- Bake the pie shell according to the directions on the package and set aside to cool.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients except for the strawberries over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes or until Jell-O has dissolved and the mixture is clear.
- Remove mixture from heat, let stand about 5 minutes.
- Stir in strawberries and pour into the pie shell.
- Chill for about 4 hours or until set.
My family liked this pie. Putting gingerale in a strawberry pie was a new ingredient for me. I put a little more ginger ale in mine since one of the reviews said it was a little thick. A very cool and refreshing pie. Easy too. Thanks Zanna Bullwinkle.
I didn't care too much for this. It was like jello with strawberries in a pie shell. It was very firm.
The Strawberry pie was fantastic!!! It was a fight to even be able to keep some for the next day!! This will definately become a regular dessert in my home!