Recipe by jean1
Fast and easy strawberry pie great for summer guests.
Top Review by Bogey'sMom
This tasted great and was so beautiful. I bought huge strawberries and filled the crust with them first, standing them up; then, I filled in the "cracks" with sliced strawberries. Just too pretty and just the right strawberry taste. I also think this would work if you put the whole thing into a baked pie crust (like the Shoney's Strawberry Pie). Thank you for sharing.
- 4 cups fresh strawberries (cut large strawberries in 2 or 3 pieces and small into 2 pieces)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inch or deep dish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the sugar, cornstarch, water to a boil and let thicken.
- Add Jell-0 and stir until well mixed.
- Let mixture cool down a little about 5 minutes.
- Pour strawberries in pie shell.
- Pour mixture over strawberries and refrigerate till jello mixture is solid.