Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Fast and easy strawberry pie great for summer guests.
- 4 cups fresh strawberries (cut large strawberries in 2 or 3 pieces and small into 2 pieces)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inch or deep dish)
- Bring the sugar, cornstarch, water to a boil and let thicken.
- Add Jell-0 and stir until well mixed.
- Let mixture cool down a little about 5 minutes.
- Pour strawberries in pie shell.
- Pour mixture over strawberries and refrigerate till jello mixture is solid.
This tasted great and was so beautiful. I bought huge strawberries and filled the crust with them first, standing them up; then, I filled in the "cracks" with sliced strawberries. Just too pretty and just the right strawberry taste. I also think this would work if you put the whole thing into a baked pie crust (like the Shoney's Strawberry Pie). Thank you for sharing.
Absolutely delicious !! I always wanted to try to make this pie. I had no idea it was so easy. I made it the night before and we had it for our Christmas pie. It will be a keeper in our home for many years to come. Thank you for the recipe !
Super easy with the prepared graham cracker crust, even tastier with a homemade graham cracker crust. I used about 5 cups of strawberries and had too much jello mix. I could have gotten away with making half of the mixture, and will do that next time using a regular size jello box (3 oz) instead of the bigger box and half of the water/sugar/cornstarch that is called for. I like the pie packed with berries and the jel just as the "glue" that hold it all together. I imagine this would be great with any kind of berries or a combo of berries. Thanks!