Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I had never had a strawberry pie made with Jell-O before, so this recipe was made on 6/25/09 and served on 6/26/09. The recipe was easy enough for a beginner cook to follow. With the amount of sugar and Jell-O I was expecting a much sweeter pie than it turned out to be. But thanks for posting anyway and, "Keep Smiling :) "
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 ounces strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 -2 pint washed and hulled strawberry
- 1 9 in.baked pastry shell, cooled
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring sugar, water and cornstarch to a boil over medium high heat.
- Add Jell-O, stir until dissolved.
- Cool and then add strawberries.
- Refrigerate about 45 minutes or until it starts to congeal.
- Put in pie shell and cool completely.
- Top with whipped cream or ice cream to serve.