Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is another recipe I got from my good friend Mabel. It is delicious,simple, easy and one that I look forward to making every strawberry season! You use your microwave for this one! Cook time does not reflect chill time.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust
- whipped cream (to garnish)
- Wash,stem, drain and cut berries in half.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a 6 cup microwave dish or pitcher.
- Add water slowly.
- Add half the berries.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes, until thick, stirring halfway through.
- Stir in remaining berries.
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- Chill completely.
- Serve garnished with whipped cream.
Very simple and elegant pie to make i enjoyed it very much! Great Recipe!
I used more berries. I crushed the berries for the sauce, to squeeze the juice out. Pie bursted with flavor
My family loved this. Next time, I will use more berries and cut down the amount of cornstarch. I think I would prefer a thinner glaze.