Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Prep time does not include making the crust. Wonderful with fresh berries, but frozen works, too.
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 3 1⁄2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, scant
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Put in prepared pie shell.
- Cover with top crust.
- Cut slits in top crust for steam to escape.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 40-45 minutes, or until done.
My boys and I made a batch of these pies after strawberry picking. You have to be very careful with the berries - don't squish them too much or you get too much juice. Also, don't serve too warm - let it cool quite a bit otherwise it's like strawberry soup! Otherwise very tasty - great with vanilla icecream!