Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Yum!!! For those who love strawberries! Cooking time is actually chilling time!
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 baked pie shell (9 inch)
- whipped cream
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Add water, cook on medium heat until clear.
- Add gelatin, remove from heat.
- Stir well until fully dissolved and cooled.
- Add strawberries.
- Pour into cooled, baked pie shell.
- Refrigerate until chilled through.
- Top with whipped cream and serve.
This was great! All but one piece was eaten the first day! The only change that I made was to use a graham cracker crust pie shell(yum!) instead of cooking a pie shell. Also, a 10 inch would probably work better than the 9 inch, because I had some of the gelatin and cornstarch mix left over. This was delicious and definitely easy. The only hard part is waiting for it to chill!
This was so easy and so very good.. will make this time and again when strawberry season is here. Grrrrrrrreat!!!
This was excellent! Ok, I too only have two slices left at the end of the day! As we are in spring right now, it was a perfect pie to make! It was simple easy to make and very tasty! Thank you for sharing this recipe! LA :-)