Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
What can I say except YUM.
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts
- 6 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- Set baked pie shell aside.
- Mash enough of the berries to make 1 cup full of mashed berries.
- Mix dry sugar and dry cornstarch well.
- In a medium saucepan,mix sugar and cornstarch mixture with water and berries.
- Cook on medium heat (stirring constantly) till mixture boils and gets thick.
- then boil for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- While this mixture is cooling, beat cream cheese till smooth and softened.
- Spread the cream cheese in the bottom of the baked pie shell.
- Put the remaining WHOLE berries in the pie shell over cream cheese.
- Pour the cooked berries over top and refrigerate till cold and set.
I left out the cream cheese because I didn't have any and substituted Splenda for the sugar, but it still produced an incredible, fresh tasting pie. Soooo easy - made it in just a few minutes.
I tried this recipe and found it to be the best Strawberry Pie I have ever tasted. My mother in-law gave me her recipe and it was very good too.. but after I baked this one...No comparison. I used Real Whipping Cream and spread it over the strawberries after the pie was cooled...Yummmmm!!!
Yum!! This is so much better than the jello version!