Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This pie recipe you will be asked for all the time! The secret is the crust which tastes like a sugar cookie. Sometimes, I double the recipe and bake in a 9 x 13 for a larger crowd. (You won't need all the glaze) It is great because you can make the crust the night before and it is so easy! I always make for Mother's day or when the first really good berries come out!
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light Karo syrup
- 3 tablespoons wild strawberry gelatin (dry, can use regular or sugar free jello)
- strawberry (I buy a couple of packages to pick out the best)
- whipped topping (optional)
- Crust: Mix ingredients and press into deep dish pie pan with the back of a spoon or your fingers. Bake at 400 degrees on lower shelf for 15-20 min or until slightly brown. Prick with a fork before baking to prevent shrinking.
- While crust is baking make the glaze: Mix sugar and cornstarch, add water and Karo and cook on stovetop until clear. Add jello, stir and cool.
- When the crust and glaze are cool, arrange strawberries in the pie shell with points up. Pour glaze over berries, being sure to coat the tops of each. Refrigerate several hours. Top with whipped topping and enjoy!
I really enjoyed this, the crust is great and I will use it for other fillings. Thanks so much for sharing such a great recipe!!