Recipe by student gastronomer
Summer church gatherings were host to the long awaited Snyder Strawberry pie. Once you taste it, you'll understand why it was a struggle even to even get a piece.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 2 pie crusts
- whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook water, sugar, and cornstarch together, until mixture is thickened and somewhat clear.
- (This can be done ina microwave, 2 minute at a time, stirring in between).
- Stir in Jell-o powder, and set aside to cool until just warm.
- Bake pie crust according to package instructions and let cool.
- Cut strawberries into halves or quarters and fill pie shells.
- Pour filling over the berries and refrigerate, about two hours.
- Top with whipped topping.