- 1 cup raw almonds (or 1/2 cup almonds and 1/2 cup cashews)
- 1 cup soft pitted dates
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 large ripe strawberries
- 5 soft dates, pitted
- 2 bananas, fairly ripe
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 pints fresh strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- To make pie shell;Grind the nuts in a food processor until finely chopped, add the dates and vanilla, and blend well. Press thinly into a pie plate (from center to the outside rim) to form the shell.
- To make binder;Blend all ingredients in food processor or blender until well mixed.
- Fruit filling;Cut 2 pints of fresh strawberries into quarters, fold into binder and fill shell. Decorate with approximately 1/2 pint of quartered strawberries.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled.