Recipe by Domestic Goddess
Fresh strawberries, and Wild Strawberry Jell-O Gelatin, make up for "the best" tasting strawberry pie ever. Top with some Cool Whip, and enjoy!! After eating this pie, I wish I had made 2, cuz it made me crave for more.
- 1 baked pie shell (9-inch)
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) boxjell-o wild strawberry gelatin
- Cool Whip (for garnishing)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sliced strawberries in the baked pie crust.
- In a saucepan, combine water, cornstarch, and sugar.
- Cook over medium heat; stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil, (this should take about 7 minutes) then reduce heat to low, and cook for 2 minutes more, until mixture has thickened.
- Add the Jell-O, and stir until gelatin looks dissolved.
- Remove pan from heat, and spoon gelatin mixture over strawberries in pie crust.
- Chill in the refrigerator until set.
- Serve with dollops of the Cool Whip.
- Note: You can also substitute regular strawberry gelatin for the Wild Strawberry Jell-O Gelatin.