1/2 Photos of Strawberry Pie
There's no better way to celebrate springtime than with a big ole slice of fresh, sweet strawberry pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2To prepare crust, place wafers in a food processor, and process until finely ground.
- 3Add butter, 2 tablespoons sugar, and orange rind, and pulse 10 times or just until wafers are moist.
- 4Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- 5Bake at 350° for 15 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- 6To prepare filling, mash 2 cups strawberries with a potato masher.
- 7Combine mashed strawberries and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8Press the strawberry mixture through a sieve into a bowl, and reserve 1 cup strawberry liquid (add enough water to measure 1 cup, if necessary).
- 9Discard pulp.
- 10Combine 2/3 cup sugar and cornstarch in a pan; add strawberry liquid, stirring well with a whisk.
- 11Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 12Reduce heat, and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice.
- 13Arrange a layer of small strawberries, stem sides down, in the crust.
- 14Spoon about one-third of sauce over the strawberries.
- 15Arrange the remaining strawberries on top, and spoon the remaining sauce over the strawberries.
- 16Chill for at least 3 hours.
- 17Serve with whipped topping.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.4
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 168.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 27.9 g
- Protein 2.7 g