Recipe by Caryn
This is my most favorite pie recipe. We used to pick strawberries in Florida when I was a kid then come home and make at least 2 strawberry pies (which didn't last long needless to say).It is very light with lots of strawberries!
Top Review by Ellen Brody
This recipe caught my eye because you use 7up, which is my favorite soda. It was easy to make and very good. Will definitely make again. I did make one change, I used a graham cracker crust.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle 7-Up soda
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 quart strawberry, cleaned and sliced
- 1 baked pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and 7-Up; cook until thick.
- Add strawberry jello; blend till smooth.
- Place slice strawberries into pie shell.
- Pour jello mixture over strawberries.
- *I have used diet 7-up to reduce the sugar content of the pie though I've not tried sugar-free jello.