Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my most favorite pie recipe. We used to pick strawberries in Florida when I was a kid then come home and make at least 2 strawberry pies (which didn't last long needless to say).It is very light with lots of strawberries!
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle 7-Up soda
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 quart strawberry, cleaned and sliced
- 1 baked pie shell
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and 7-Up; cook until thick.
- Add strawberry jello; blend till smooth.
- Place slice strawberries into pie shell.
- Pour jello mixture over strawberries.
- *I have used diet 7-up to reduce the sugar content of the pie though I've not tried sugar-free jello.
This recipe caught my eye because you use 7up, which is my favorite soda. It was easy to make and very good. Will definitely make again. I did make one change, I used a graham cracker crust.
Not a traditional strawberry pie but still good in its own respect. Very Sweet! Definately a make ahead pie though the prep time doesn't show how long to refrigerate. It was very runny until the next morning. More like a jellow mold in a pie shell.