Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom's strawberry pie I grew up eating.
- 1 quart strawberry, hulled and washed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 baked pie shell
- 1 -3 ounce jello strawberry gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- Bring water, sugar, and cornstarch to a boil and than cook on low heat for about 2 minutes or until thick and clear.
- Remove from heat and add jello.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Pour while hot over berries in pie shell.
- Let cool in fridge to sat for 3-4 hours.
- Top with Cool Whip before serving.