Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe came from Taste of Home's Quick Cooking magazine. It is so simple to make. It is very refreshing in the summer. A nice desert without being too heavy when it's hot out. To slice the strawberries quickly, I just cut the top off and then place them on an egg slicer. They end up being the perfect size slice! Cooking time is for the time it will take for the pie to set up in the fridge.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- Line unpricked pie shell with a double thickness of heavy duty foil. Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove foil and continuing baking for 5 minutes longer. Cool on cooling rack.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thick. Remove from the heat; stir in Jello until dissolved. Refrigerate (IN A CONTAINER NOT IN THE PIE CRUST) for 15-20 minutes or until slightly cooled. In the meantime, arrange strawberries in the cooled crust. Pour Jello mixture over berries. Refrigerate until set.
what a good tip for slicing strawberries!