Recipe by ~Nimz~
This is a delightful desert that is sure to please your family. Prep time does not include time to chill.
Top Review by Julie
Great, easy filling. I think three tablespoons of milk was way too much. I added some extra cream cheese to thicken it up. I also needed extra cornstarch. I used easy shortbread crust, #50974, as recommended by another reviewer. Highly recommend this crust! I would also recommend cooling ingredients before adding as the cream cheese will float to the top if the filling is too warm. Thanks for a great dessert my family really enjoyed.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts
- 1 quart ripe fresh strawberries, washed, capped and drained
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup water
- red food coloring
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cream cheese with milk until smooth.
- Spread on baked pie crust with back of teaspoon, until entire pie crust is covered.
- Cut half of the strawberries in half and put in the sauce pan with sugar, cornstarch and water.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened, adding a few drops of red food coloring.
- Place remaining strawberries (whole) in the pie crust and pour cooked berry mixture over whole berries.
- Serve with whipped cream or Cool Whip.