Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delightful desert that is sure to please your family. Prep time does not include time to chill.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts
- 1 quart ripe fresh strawberries, washed, capped and drained
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup water
- red food coloring
- whipped cream
- Mix cream cheese with milk until smooth.
- Spread on baked pie crust with back of teaspoon, until entire pie crust is covered.
- Cut half of the strawberries in half and put in the sauce pan with sugar, cornstarch and water.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened, adding a few drops of red food coloring.
- Place remaining strawberries (whole) in the pie crust and pour cooked berry mixture over whole berries.
- Serve with whipped cream or Cool Whip.
Great, easy filling. I think three tablespoons of milk was way too much. I added some extra cream cheese to thicken it up. I also needed extra cornstarch. I used easy shortbread crust, #50974, as recommended by another reviewer. Highly recommend this crust! I would also recommend cooling ingredients before adding as the cream cheese will float to the top if the filling is too warm. Thanks for a great dessert my family really enjoyed.
Excellent strawberry dessert that I can not wait to try when local berries are in season! Very easy to make and it reminded me of the strawberry pie at Abdow's Big Boy Restaurants (does anybody remember them?) but better and fresher! I made a no knead shortbread crust and served it with homemade whipped cream-absolutely delicious! Thanks Nimz! I made this for Spring PAC 2009.