Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Strawberry Pie is a family favorite passed down from DH's grandmother, who was a pastor's wife in Texas. She and I made it together once, about 20 years ago, after spending the afternoon picking fresh strawberries. Now my daughter, her great-granddaughter, helps me make it during strawberry season. Always a treat!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 1 quart strawberry, washed and hulled
- whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, 2 Tablespoons sugar, milk, salt and oil.
- Press mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Set crust aside to cool.
- In a sauce pan, heat 1 cup sugar, corn syrup, cornstarch and water until clear and thickened.
- Stir in strawberry gelatin, cool.
- Fold strawberries into the cooled gelatin mixture.
- Pour into crust and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- Great with whipped cream.
- Refridgerate leftovers (if there any).
A fabulous pie! I made this for a ZWT III challenge and lightened it up a little by using a prepared frozen pie crust. This reduced the calories from fat to 21%. I watched my BF practically inhale this pie not even looking up and barely taking a breath inbetween bites. It was just that good! Thanks for the recipe Acerast!