- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry puree
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in puree just until blended.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans and add some red food coloring if desired.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2" apart onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 min.
- or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - * Exported from Maste rCook *