Prep 45 mins
Cook 6 hrs
You have got to try this before strawberries are completely out of season! It's a unique but comforting flavor that is perfect for an after-barbecue dessert!
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter or 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- chocolate fudge topping
- Prepare the Crust first: In small saucepan, melt the butter.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the crushed grahams (probably about 18) and toss to combine.
- Spread evenly in a 9-inch pie plate, pressing onto the bottom and up the sides to form an even crust.
- You can either cover and chill for an hour, or bake for 4-5 minutes in a 375 F oven before adding the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar with electric mixer until well combined.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture evenly between 2 medium bowls.
- Add the peanut butter to one bowl, and strawberries to the other bowl.
- Beat the peanut butter into the cream cheese mixture in one bowl, and then add HALF of the whipped topping, mix well.
- Stir the strawberries into the other bowl, and then add HALF of the whipped topping, mix well.
- Alternately spoon dollops of the peanut butter mixture and the strawberry mixture into the prepared crust.
- Use a metal spatula to swirl the mixtures slightly for a marbled texture.
- Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours, or up to 3 days.
- Let frozen pie stand at room temperature for half hour before serving.
- Drizzle with chocolate fudge before serving.
YUM!!!! Delicious!!! This was easy to make and even easier to eat!!! The only thing I would recommend is that you let it thaw completely before you try to cut it. I let it set out for the half hour called for in the recipe and I still couldn't cut it! Once it softened some more it was fine.Very tasty! It would be perfect for a summer dessert!