Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fruity dessert sauce to serve warm or at room temperature over pound cake.
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup peach nectar
- 2 tablespoons peach brandy
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 peaches, peeled and sliced
- Place strawberries in a container of a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- Pour through a wire mesh strainer; press strawberries with the back of a spoon.
- against sides of strainer to squeeze out all the juice. Discard seeds.
- Combine strawberry juice, peach nectar, peach brandy and corn starch in a saucepan.
- Add peaches; cook mixture over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with pound cake.