Recipe by AmyZoe
I love this pie! There is nothing tastier in the summer! I've never bought the store bought strawberry glaze. I followed the recipe from Joy of Cooking that calls for 3 c hulled and crushed strawberries. Strain and then add 1/3 c sugar, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp cornstarch (red food coloring if desired--I leave it out, but it does mean the pie is pink without it). Cook all ingredients over low heat until thick/transparent and cool. For the crust, I'll use a storebought one or make my own. This recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens.
Top Review by GrammaMikki
So glad this was posted! I made this pie for many years and then indavertantly gave the Good Housekeeping Cookbook (my Mom's old and falling apart) to Goodwill. Now , Thanks to you, I have it back. I also use the homemade glaze you describe...much, much better. This is a very good, refreshing, and relatively healthy pie...not a lot of sugar...tons of good fruit flavor.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 9 inches graham cracker crust
- 15 1⁄4 ounces sliced sliced peaches, drained or 15 1⁄4 ounces fresh peaches
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 16 ounces strawberry glaze
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and milk until smooth.
- Spread over the bottom and up the sides of the crust.
- Cut peach slices in half and arrange over cream cheese.
- Combine the strawberries and glaze and spoon over peaches.
- Refrigerate up to 4 hours before serving.