Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A wonderful, easy dessert that is perfect for a special occasion. Use homemade vanilla ice cream if you can and real whipped cream to make this even better! The recipe is adapted from a magazine.
- 3 cups fresh strawberries or 3 cups frozen whole strawberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can peach slices, drained
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, mash strawberries; add sugar, water and lemon juice. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into the strawberry mixture.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- Strain to remove the pulp.
- Place the pan in an ice-water bath to cool, stirring occasionally.
- Serve strawberry sauce over ice cream; top with peaches and whipped topping.