Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chopped summer fruit, honey, schnapps and the merest hint of sugar (only there to dissolve the pectin) are the only players in this jar of sunshine! Try it on toast, or in between sponge cake layers!
- 2 cups halved strawberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled diced peaches
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons peach schnapps
- 2 teaspoons calcium water (from Pomona's)
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 2 teaspoons pomona's pectin
- In a saucepan, combine the strawberries, peaches, and honey.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, until berries and peaches begin to break down.
- Stir in the schnapps and calcium water and bring back to a boil.
- Whisk the sugar and pectin together and add to the boiling liquid.
- Boil, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Can 10 minutes in a waterbath or spoon into a jar and refrigerate.