Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This jam recipe is very easy to make and delicious! The strawberry and peach are a perfect combination. I use pectin because it cuts down the cooking time and sugar significantly. You can cut this recipe in half for a smaller batch. This recipe makes approx. 12 8oz. jars. Enjoy!
- 5 cups peaches (equals 12 large peaches, mashed)
- 3 1⁄2 cups strawberries (equals 3 pints, mashed)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (1 Tablespoon per cup of fruit)
- 5 -6 teaspoons dry pectin (reviewers have added more pectin for a thicker jam)
- Wash and mash strawberries.
- Slice, pit, and dice peaches. Next, mash peaches.
- Place fruit in large pan on medium heat.
- Cook until it boils, stirring a few times. Reduce heat and cook for 30 minutes.
- In separate bowl, combine sugar and pectin and stir together.
- Add sugar/pectin mixture into fruit and stir. Add lemon juice.
- Boil (high boil) for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fill jars to 1/4" of top. Recipe makes approximately 12 8oz. jars.
- Wipe rims clean and screw on 2-piece lids.
- Submerge sealed jars into hot water bath at 200 degrees or boiling water for 10 minutes. Lids will "pop" once removed from hot water bath and you know they are sealed. Let cool on counter.
Wonderful flavour, not too sweet. I got 4 1/2 pint jars, we like our jam chunky, I did not mash either of the fruits, I sliced the peaches and cut each slice in half and just quartered the strawberries, even left some small ones whole. Also added a couple of teaspoons of lemon juice to keep the fresh colour. I used splenda instead of sugar and cut it back to 1 1/2 cups,and added the full envelope of pectin, it has set beautifully. We have ended up with a wonderful tasting, chunky jam. Thanks for posting, I will make this again.
I just made this the other night and it still hasn't set for some reason. It has thickened some but not to what I consider jam consistency. It smelled amazing and its so pretty in the jars. I got 10 (1/2 pints) out of what I made. REprocessed it the other day and it still isn't as thick as what I think it should be. Although it has a wonderful flavor and I'll probably will make again.