1/3 Photos of Strawberry Peach Jam
1 hr 30 mins
This is a recipe that I found in a library book and plan to try soon. From "Perfect Preserves" by M. Dalton King.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and hull the strawberries, then cut each in quarters.
- 2Wash peaches. To peel, dunk them into boiling water, leave for 30 seconds to one minute, then immediately plunge into ice water.
- 3When peaches are cool enough to handle, remove the skin.
- 4Cut peaches in half and remove pit, then slice the fruit.
- 5Place the strawberries and peaches into a large pot.
- 6Stir in the lemon juice.
- 7Heat the fruit over medium heat until it begins to soften (about 10 minutes).
- 8Mash the softened fruit and add the sugars. (if using cinn stick, add now).
- 9Bring the mixture to a boil and let it continue to cook until thick (about 25-30 minutes) or until it reaches 221F on a candy thermometer.
- 10Watch your jam carefully to prevent scorching, stirring often.
- 11If you're worried or think you can smell the mixture starting to burn, turn the heat down and cook slowly until the jam tests done.
- 12Testing can be done by dipping a spoonful of the hot jam onto a china or glass plate that has been kept in the freezer.
- 13Give the jam on the plate a moment or so to cool and then see if it's gelling to your satisfaction.
- 14When the jam is ready, stir in the cinnamon and remove the pot from the heat.
- 15Let sit for 5 minutes, then skim off all the foam.
- 16Ladle the jam into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 inch headroom.
- 17Wipe the rims clean, place lids and adjust the rings fingertip tight.
- 18Process in a hot water bath for 5 minutes.
- 19Cool completely, check seals and label.
- 20Store in a cool, dry, dark place for up to 1 year.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Peach Jam
Serving Size: 1 (2637 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.1
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 161.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 153.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g