Recipe by AuntWoofieWoof
I derived this recipe from one I got here on 'Zaar (Cherry Gelatin Squares Cherry Gelatin Squares submitted by Carolyn Young). I wanted to try it in a different way as well as make a smaller amount, using less gelatin. I used a whole can of Peach Pie Filling because I did not know what to do with the rest if I used half the can. I am sure it will be be just as good using a half can of the pie filling. Cook time is time it takes to set in the refrigerator. Time is approximate.
Top Review by Skeeter
This is great! Truthfully I have no imagination and never would have thought of using different gelatin and pie filling. I would have used peach gelatin with peach pie filling. Anyway you get the idea. Thanks at lot for the wonderful ideas you have givin me. Carolyn
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) packageRoyal or Jell-O strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can peach pie filling or 1 (21 ounce) can peach pie filling (depending on how peachy you want it)
- whipped topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put gelatin in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add the cold water and stir.
- Add the pie filling.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Keep the gelatin mixture in the bowl or pour it into a 6 1/2 inch square Pyrex or Corningware dish.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Serve in individual soup or salad bowls.
- Top with whipped topping. (if desired)