Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe on line and changed it to make more sense as it had used 3 cups flour in the filling and I used 3 tablespoons. I used frozen strawberries and fresh Ontario peaches.I also added sliced almonds to the topping. It was so delicious that I will be making it soon when we have guests for dinner. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the strawberries, peaches, lemon juice, white sugar, first whole-wheat flour, first cinnamon, and nutmeg in an 8 inch square baking dish.
- Make the topping by tossing together the remaining whole-wheat flour, brown sugar, oats, butter, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture over the strawberry peach filling.
- Bake 35 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.6-.
This was a yummy recipe. I wish I liked crisps more. I've tried a few recipes now, and I figure I'm doing things right, but I usually have a top that's crumbly and dry, and for some reason I always imagine the next recipe I try will be chewy. Anyway just a rant.. good recipe!
Fresh peaches and fresh strawberries are in season so made this easy fast recipe. I halved the recipe and also reduced the sugar and nutmeg omitted the cinnamon ( in the fruit part) as the fruit I have is nice and sweet and wanted to keep as natural fresh tasting as possible. Kept the topping ingredients half amount as is. Served with fresh whipping cream. Delicious, next time I will use raspberries and nectarines.