1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is a wonderful and light breakfast on a hot summer morning! Prep time includes 1 hour of chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups peach Chardonnay wine
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries (optional)
- 3 fresh peaches, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 pint strawberry, rinsed, dried, hulled and thinly sliced
- 6 scoops peach frozen yogurt or 6 scoops ice cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can whipped cream
- 6 sprigs fresh mint, for garnish
- 1In a 1-quart jar, combine peach Chardonnay, sugar and Amaretto.
- 2Cover tightly and shake well to mix.
- 3Chill for 1 hour.
- 4Put a few blueberries, if desired, in each of 6 pieces of decorative crystal stemware, large wine glasses or other nice serving glasses or dishes.
- 5Layer peaches and strawberries in stemware until about 2/3-full.
- 6(Reserve some peach and strawberry slices for garnish.).
- 7If using blueberries, sprinkle very lightly throughout, just to add a little extra color.
- 8Pour Chardonnay mixture over fruit. Just before serving, add a scoop of frozen yogurt or ice cream to each glass.
- 9Finish with a generous dollop of whipped cream.
- 10Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and a peach and/or strawberry slice.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Peach Compote in Sweet Wine Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.8
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 24.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: