Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful and light breakfast on a hot summer morning! Prep time includes 1 hour of chill time.
- 2 cups peach Chardonnay wine
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blueberries (optional)
- 3 fresh peaches, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 pint strawberry, rinsed, dried, hulled and thinly sliced
- 6 scoops peach frozen yogurt or 6 scoops ice cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can whipped cream
- 6 sprigs of fresh mint, for garnish
- In a 1-quart jar, combine peach Chardonnay, sugar and Amaretto.
- Cover tightly and shake well to mix.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Put a few blueberries, if desired, in each of 6 pieces of decorative crystal stemware, large wine glasses or other nice serving glasses or dishes.
- Layer peaches and strawberries in stemware until about 2/3-full.
- (Reserve some peach and strawberry slices for garnish.).
- If using blueberries, sprinkle very lightly throughout, just to add a little extra color.
- Pour Chardonnay mixture over fruit. Just before serving, add a scoop of frozen yogurt or ice cream to each glass.
- Finish with a generous dollop of whipped cream.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and a peach and/or strawberry slice.