Recipe by Elmotoo
It looks fancy but it's so easy!! Cooking time does not count the hours of cooling in the oven. It would work best making the meringue either the night before or early in the day then finish just before serving.
Top Review by aussie deb
superb, the recipe was easy and no fuss, I made mine into small meringue nests, broke them up into a champagne glass and dolloped Kahlua chocolate mousse over them, just heaven, great quick recipe.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 cups strawberries (raspberries, peaches or blueberries can also be used)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until glossy peaks form. Beat in vanilla.
- On foil-lined baking sheet, spread meringue into a 10-inch circle, pushing up edges to form a slight ridge.
- Bake in a 275-degree oven for 1 1/2 hours or until firm to the touch. Turn off oven and leave meringue in oven to dry. Remove foil, and let cool. Place on serving platter.
- Slice the strawberries. Just before serving, spread whipped cream over meringue and cover with fruit. Cut into wedges.