Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From meals for you newsletter,
- 4 frozen puff pastry shells
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled and halved,sprinkled with
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Bake puff pastry shells according to package directions.
- Blend next 4 ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Just before serving, spoon strawberries into baked puff pastry shells.
- Top with lemon/yogurt mix.
Steve, this dessert was so refreshing and so easy to make! I LOVED the lemon cream! The only substitution I made was using vanilla yogurt...that's what I had in the fridge. Also, the hole in the middle of the puff pastry wasn't any where near large enough to hold 1/4 of the filling...so I placed some of the strawberries around the puff and let the cream ooze over the side. I sure got no complaints! Thanks. M&Mers
Steve, A simple recipe with a wonderful flavor burst. Strawberries from Florida are at their peak right now. It was soooo nice to eat this "summertime" dessert with snow up to our elbows. Will be making this again!!
I love these! The only thing is that I think 2 cups of yogurt is WAY too much. I used 1 cup and had tons left over. This is so simple yet tasty and elegant. This would be a lovely addition to a brunch (for a baby shower or ladies luncheon).