1/8 Photos of Strawberry Passion Muffins
Chef floWer's Note:
Sweet Strawberry muffins for all ages. You can either chop or slice strawberries, I sliced the strawberries in three pieces. Marinating time is not included in preparation time, enjoy warm or cold. Created for RSC #11
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup blood orange juice or 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon brandy extract or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup white flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, sifted
TOP AND BOTTOM
- 1Preheat oven to 375oF/190oC/Mark 5.
- 2Combine sliced fresh strawberries with sugar and blood orange juice or orange juice. Marinate for about 30 minutes, then drain and reserve liquid into a large mixing bowl for wet ingredients. Set aside strawberries.
- 3Spray muffin tin with canola oil cooking spray, and then add paper muffin cups to tin and spray cups with canola oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- 4In the mixing bowl containing reserved strawberry juice, combine the other wet ingredients (melted butter, eggs, chosen extract) and white sugar, then whisk together until blended.
- 5In a separate bowl sift together all dry ingredients (flours, baking soda, nutmeg and salt). You may have some small grains left behind the sifter, just add them into the bowl. Mix well.
- 6Lightly stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, just until moistened. Then fold in reserved marinated strawberries.
- 7Fill muffin cups to the top and then sprinkle with any amount of sugar you desire.
- 8Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick or skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake.
- 9Remove muffins from the tin keeping leaving paper intact, place them on a rack tray and allow to cool or eat warm.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Passion Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (880 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.9
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 41.1 mg
- Sodium 147.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g