Prep 55 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from one of my many old cookbooks. I've made this many times, and recieved lots of compliments! I sometimes add fresh sliced strawberries, and chocolate curls. I always double this recipe. Delicious!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package strawberry cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (21 ounce) strawberry pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) cantainer Cool Whip
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (6 ounce) bottle maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Bake in 2 (9 inch) layer pans.
- Cool, and break up one layer. (Freeze other layer for later use, or double this recipe.).
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions.
- Layer ingredients in 3-qt. glass bowl in following order:.
- cake pieces, pudding, pie filling, pineapple, cool whip.
- Sprinkle with pecans and cherries.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours, or overnight.
- Scoop into sherbet glasses, or serve from glass bowl.