Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A dessert treat
- 500 g fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- strawberry, whole for garnish (optional)
- fresh mint sprig (to garnish) (optional)
- In a medium bowl combine the strawberries, brown and white sugar. Mix well. Stand misture until the sugars dissolve and strawberries release their juices [about 20 minutes].
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, sour cream and orange rind.
- spoon one third of the berry mixture into 4 parfait glasses, dividing equally. Top each with 2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture. Repeat with another lay of berry mixture and yogurt mixture.
- Spoon remining berry mixture over yogurt, dividing it evenly. Top each with 1 tablespoon of yogurt mixture. Decorate with whole berries and mint springs.
- Serve immediately.
I made this recipe using fat free greek yogurt and fat free sour cream. We found the berries to be a little too sweet and felt the yogurt/sourcream could benefit from a little sweetness. Next time I think I will reduce the sugar in the strawberries and add some to the yofurt misture along with a little vanilla or almond extract. The grated orange rind was a nice touch. Thank you Missy for sharing the recipe.