Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Yummy Island Kine bread. Can substitute papaya with other tropical fruits like mango or pineapple. *bake with aloha*. I love using nutriva extra virgin coconut oil instead of butter in everything... even biscuits! i also use all organics when can
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin coconut oil or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup mashed ripe papaya
- 2 eggs, I use brown
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- cinnamon, for sprinkling (optional)
- Mix oil/butter and prefered sugar.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean, 1/2 way through baking add cinnamon on top for crystalized sweetness.