Adapted from a King's Arthur Flour recipe. This recipe is easily doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar (7/8 oz)
- 1/2 cup whole milk or 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (1/2 oz)
- 1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour (1 1/2 oz)
- 1For the pancake batter: Place the egg whites in a clean bowl and whip them until frothy; add the sugar and whip until soft peaks form then set aside.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and milk/cream, then add the salt, vanilla, melted butter and flour, whisk until smooth.
- 3Heat a 10-inch pan with heatproof handle over medium-low heat (an omelet pan or cast iron skillet works well).
- 4Spray the pan with non-stick vegetable oil spray, or rub it with a bit of vegetable oil.
- 5Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
- 6Pour it into the heated pan, and swirl the pan gently, let it cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, until the bottom is light brown.
- 7Transfer the pan to a preheated 350°F oven and bake the pancake for 10 to 12 minutes, until it's puffy and set.
- 8For the filling: While the pancake is baking, melt the butter in a small skillet, then add corn syrup and sugar and bring the mixture to a boil.
- 9Add the strawberries, lemon juice and cinnamon; Stir to coat the strawberries with the sauce, then remove from the heat.
- 10Remove the pancake from the oven, and slip it onto a serving platter.
- 11Spread the strawberries over one half of the pancake, then fold it over to cover the filling (as you'd fold an omelet).
- 12Serving: Dust with confectioners' sugar, and garnish with a dollop of sour cream or creme fraiche and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Oven Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.5
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 182.0 mg
- Sodium 181.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 7.5 g