Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe I have asked my Aunt Helen for numerous times - figured I would post it here so as not to lose it... again! This is a great dessert for summer get togethers - cool, fruity and not too heavy. Also, the crust can be made with graham crumbs if you prefer them to Oreos, and doesn't need to be baked (it just stays a little crumblier if you don't). **Note - prep time does not include 4 hour chill time**
- 1 1⁄2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (melted)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (15 ml) package unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (500 ml) container Nutriwhip
- 2 cups strawberries (sliced)
- Crust: Combine Oreo crumbs, sugar, and butter and press firmly into a lightly greased 9X13 cake pan.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes, then let cool before adding filling.
- Filling: Combine strawberry Jell-o and gelatin in a small bowl, and add boiling water - stirring until completely dissolved.
- Set Jell-o mixture in fridge, or fridge freezer for 10-15 minutes, or until just begining to thicken - it should still be liquid at this point (if a skin forms on top, just skim and discard).
- While your Jell-o thickens, in a separate bowl blend cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Beat NutriWhip until whipped (peaks form) and fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Blend semi-thickened Jell-o into cream cheese mixture until well blended.
- Stir in sliced strawberries.
- Pour filling onto crust, and chill for four hours, or overnight.
- Top with extra Oreo crumbs if desired.