Recipe by mary winecoff
This is from Southern Living Magazine March 2008 edition. This uses orange liqueur, lemon curd and shortbread cookies to make unique trifle.
- 1 quart strawberry, halved
- 4 oranges, sectioned and halved
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or 2 cups orange juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1 (11 1/3 ounce) jar lemon curd
- 1 1⁄2 sleeves shortbread cookies, crushed
- fresh mint leaves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss together first 4 ingredients and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Beat whipping cream and lemon curd at low speed with mixer until blended. Gradually increase mixer speed, beating until medium peaks form.
- Layer one-third each of fruit mixture and curd mixture in large bowl. Top with half of crushed cookies. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining one-third fruit mixture and curd mixture.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Garnish with mint leaves if desired.