Recipe by Charmie777
An English inspired dessert from Pillsbury. Pares oranges and strawberries...yummm! Posted for 'Zaar World Tour II.
- 4 3⁄4 ounces vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 8 cups angel food cake, cubes (about 13 oz cake)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 (21 ounce) can strawberry pie filling
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare mudding as directed on package using 3 cups milk.
- Remove from heat; stir in orange peel.
- Cover surface of pudding with waxed paper or plastic wrap and cool 15 minutes.
- Line bottom of trifle dish or glass bowl with 1/3 of the cake cubes;.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the orange juice concentrate.
- Spoon 1/3 of pudding over top.
- Spoon 1/3 of strawberry filling over pudding.
- Top with 1/3 of orange segments.
- Repeat layers 2 more times.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Store in refrigerator.