Recipe by KLHquilts
Got this one from "The Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt Cookbook" by Mable and Gar Hoffman. This is what happens when you buy strawberries from Costco -- you've got to come up with a LOT of recipes to use 'em up. This was a delightful sorbet, made with fresh Valencia orange juice and extremely ripe strawberries. I varied the original recipe a bit by throwing in a quarter (well, closer to a half) cup of orange-flavored liqueur at the end of the freeze cycle.
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups strawberries (as ripe as possible ( you want a lot of flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan. Stir until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil; boil gently for five minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Remove caps from strawberries, then puree in a blender or food processor.
- Combine pureed strawberries, cooled syrup, and orange juice; stir until well blended.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of four hours,or overnight if possible.
- Transfer to ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Optional: About five minutes before sorbet is finished, add 1/4 - 1/2 cup of Grand Marnier, Triple Sec, or other orange-flavored liqueur.