Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a recipe I have made for RSC 11. Not you average smoothie. The twist is the fancy raspberry rimmed glass!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup blood orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (or strawberry for a more intense flavor)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ice, depending on personal taste
- seedless raspberry preserves (to coat the rim)
- sugar, to coat the rim (can use splenda)
- Combine everthing in a blender except the preserves and sugar and blend until smooth.
- Spread preserves on one plate and sprinkle some sugar an another.
- dip the rim of the glass you plan to serve this treat in onto the plate with preserves on it to coat the rim of the glass -- Or spread the preserves on the glass with a knife or VERY clean digits until the rim is coated.
- Then dip the raspberry covered rim in sugar and then fill with the smoothie and enjoy.
I really enjoyed this! I too used regular orange juice and instead of cow milk I used almond milk. Thanks Anme!
What a sensational smoothie! I could become addicted to these little babies! I had to fight for the glass with my DD. Excellent breakfast drink, but great anytime! I just used an orange instead of the blood orange, as there were none in the store I went to. Still tasted excellent!
I can only echo the other reviews. It's marvelous. I skipped the jam rim and had to use regular o.j.. It's refreshing, filling and healthy! :D