You can make this festive fruit salad several hours in advance - but don't store it too long or the berries will soften and lose a bit of their flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring 1 1/2 cups water and sugar to a boil. Cook just until clear, 2 to 3 minutes. Let syrup cool briefly, then add 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves. Set aside to steep and cool.
- 2Rinse and hull strawberries and cut them into quarters (or sixths if very large).
- 3With a small, sharp knife, cut ends off oranges. Set 1 orange cut side down on a cutting board. Following its curve with the knife, slice off peel and white pith. Holding orange over a bowl to catch juice, cut between inner membranes and fruit release segments; drop segments into bowl and discard membranes. Repeat with remaining oranges.
- 4Add strawberries to oranges and pour basil syrup over fruit. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry-Orange Salad
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.5
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 30.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g